Bank, HS., Izbassarov, D., Lazoglu, I.(2010). "Design and Manufacturing of a Compact, Open-Architecture Based Additive Manufacturing Machine." International Conference on Machine Design and Production Jan 2010.
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Rutgers University, 2015
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University (Left the Program at 2012)
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Koc University, 2011
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with System Dynamics and Control Track, Istanbul Technical University, 2010
- B.Sc. in Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, 2008
Feb 2014 - Present: Project Lead and Research Scientist at Siemens Corporation Corporate Technology, Automation Runtime Technologies
- Develop interdisciplinary line of research in engineering and science which would be translated into products and/or prototypes for clients
- Recognize the gaps in the Siemens’ technology products and create innovative ideas for having direct impact related with Business Units
- Collaborate with other groups and research group members
- Define and lead research projects, which may include technical supervision for software engineers, engineers, and interns
- Setup, manage, and run the research group’s lab or specific projects (e.g. FoodLab with innovative projects AgPods, RoboticsLab with an AI imbued Gantry Robot)
- Generate high-quality invention disclosures and patent applications
- Publish research results in top journals and conferences
Sept 2013 - Feb 2014: Research Intern at Siemens Corporation Corporate Technology Product Simulation and Modeling
- Worked on the programming for the additive manufacturing add-on -Siemens NX package- in order to generate mechanical support structures
- Proposed ideas and actively aided for the preparations of client’s proposals
- Received a grant for an internal seed-funding competition “Siemens Agile Manufacturing System” -mobile digital manufacturing platform which utilized a digital manufacturing stack in Robot Operating System [ROS]; designed and fabricated the validation platforms - SpiderBots. The stack includes path planning for digital manufacturing; perception, navigation, and odometry packages for the robot.
- Participated Hackathons which we developed a web interface –named as Spark (Internal Kickstarter Platform) in 2013; Siemens Virtual Office (Android-based and immersive VR experience for Siemens PLM Software) in 2014; and pack3D (3D nesting algorithm for additive manufacturing) in 2015.
- English (Fluent), German (Mittelstuffe), Mandarin (Beginner), Turkish (Native)
- Software: Robot Operating System [ROS], C++ (Advanced), Python (Advanced), Octave/ MATLAB, Java , C, Linux, C/C++ Embedded Programming, SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Labview, Proteus LTSpice, Eagle, Corel Draw, Theano, GraphLab
- Controllers: Odroid, Raspberry Pi, S7-1500 series PLCs, Sinamics S120, Spartan 3E FPGAs, Microchip PIC controllers, Arduino Hardware Platform, NI DAQ, NI CRIO, NI PXI Equipments, Labjack
- Machine Tools: 3 axis machining tools (AeroTech, Delta Tau Controller), 3 Axis Mazak FJV 200, 5 Axis Mori Seiki NMV5000, Universal Robots URx, Kuka IIWA 700
Koc Fellowship for Graduate Studies (2008-2011)
Carnegie Fellowship for Graduate Studies (2011-2016, Left PhD Program in 2012)
2015 Siemens USA Innovative Idea Award $250,000 Grant for Research - Siemens Agile Manufacturing System (aka Siemens Spiderbot)
2015 TUBITAK (Turkish NSF) Research Funding - Low Cost desktop laser 3d printer
2017 Siemens Hackathon Top Three Winner (2nd place)
Manav, C., Bank, HS., Lazoglu, I.(2010). "Multi-Criteria Toolpath Optimization For Free Form Surface Machining." International Conference on Machine Design and Production.
Intelligent toolpath selection via multi-criteria optimization in complex sculptured surface milling
Manav,C., Bank, HS., Lazoglu, I., (2011). "Intelligent toolpath selection via multi-criteria optimization in complex sculptured surface milling." Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. October 2011
Bank, HS., Lazoglu, I.(2010). "Tasarımdan Ürüne Otomobilin Yolculuğu." TUBITAK Bilim Teknik, Ocak 2010.
Bank, HS., Lazoglu, I.(2012). "Development of a New Hybrid Workstation for Additive Manufacturing and Laser Machining." International Conference on Machine Design and Production.
Bank,HS., Bajorek, M., Mazzeo, DA., (2013). "Contact Imprinting for Disposable Paper-based Flexible Electronics." Northeast Complex Fluid and Soft Matter Workshop . October 2011
Bank, HS., Yigit, EI., Bicer, M., Mazzeo,AD. " Paper-based touch pads with a reduced number of multiplexed wires " ASME 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress Volume: IMECE2013-64944
Bank, HS., Sanjeev S., Mirabella, L., Dalloro, L., (2017). "An Agile Manufacturing System: A Software Framework for Scalable and Mobile Digital Manufacturing." ASME IDETC 2016 Charlotte, NC, USA.
Bank, HS., Dalloro, L. "Agile manufacturing platform and system." WO2017189502A1.
Bank, HS., Xiaofan W., Chou, C., Singa KN., Riganno, G., (2017). "System and Method of Spatial Programming for Robotic Systems." 62/569,749.
Bank, HS., Majeed, M., (2017). "System and Method of Using Autonomous Mobile Robots with Movable Production System." 62/569,749.
Bank, HS., Muenz, U., Tzorakleftherakis, E., Jaentsch, M., (2017). "Method of planning and scheduling of flexible manufacturing." 62/475,919.
Bank, HS., Lingyun W., Krizler, M., Wu, Z. Singa KN., (2017). "System and Method for development of control applications in augmented reality applications." 62/569,749.
Bank, HS., DSouza, S., Aditya AS (2018). "Temporal Logic (TL)-Based Autonomy for Smart Manufacturing Systems." 46th NAMRC, Texas, USA.
Conference proceedings talk at International Machining Conference, Istanbul, Turkiye
Presentation at National Institute of Standards and Technology - NIST, Gaithersburg, MD
Service and leadership
- ASME member
- ACM member
- IEEE member